Administrative Structure Study & Search
The Kenilworth 38 Board of Education is undertaking a search for its next superintendent and reviewing the District's administrative structure. Community engagement is vital to our process. Through soliciting input from student families, alumni, our educators, faculty, staff, residents and other interested stakeholders on the characteristics, experience, and skills they most desire in our school's educational team. We invite everyone in our community to participate and engage in the process.
Information about the search for the next District superintendent and administrative structure will be available on this web page.
News posted in order of appearance, most recent first.
- We are shifting the Superintendent focus away from business operations to an educational leader. We will hire a non-administrative Business Services and Human Resources Manager to assist with these duties.
- We are committed to three building level administrators, a Principal, an Assistant Principal and Director of Student Services, who will work collaboratively to uphold the values of a JK-8 school in both operations and culture. Moving forward, all faculty and staff will report up through the Principal
- The Chief Education Officer position will remain in place for 2020-2021, and the status of the position would be re-assessed during that school year.
- Continue to make decisions in the best interest of our students
- Run a thorough and robust search process to hire our new administrators
- Work with our new Superintendent and Administrative Leadership Team to clearly define the roles & responsibilities of the new team
- Uphold the Four Cornerstones
- Work collaboratively with our stakeholders to seek feedback, actively listen and resolve matters together
- Provide the necessary support to the new administrative team balanced with giving them autonomy to do their jobs effectively
We also encourage our stakeholders to consider setting some commitments so that we can come together collectively to make our new administrative team successful and continue to meet the needs of our students.
Below is the current timeline for the Superintendent Search:
- Nov. 15: Deadline to receive applications
- Late November: SEC interviews
- Dec. 2: SEC presents slate of candidates to Board
- Dec. 4, 10, 11: Superintendent interviews by the Board
- Jan. 13, 14, 15: Superintendent interviews by Board & Stakeholder Committee (updated 12/3/19)
- Jan. 27: Vote on hiring of new Superintendent (tentative)
- An analysis of the Administrative Structure Study and Superintendent Search Input can be found here.
- The Superintendent Profile can be found here. Applications are being excepted through November 15, 2019 here.
- The timeline to hire the Superintendent can be found here.
View the presentations from School Exec Connect:
- Administrative Structure Study Presentation can be found here.
- Superintendent Profile Presentation can be found here.