Top Bar


Residency Requirements

Students who are residents of Kenilworth School District No. 38 (District Boundaries) may attend Grades K-8 at The Joseph Sears School tuition free (7:60 Students-Student Residency policy).

Parents/guardians are required to prove a student’s identity and age at the time of registration.  In addition, the Kenilworth School District No.38 Board of Education requires annual verification of KSD38 residency for students enrolling in kindergarten through eighth grade. Confirmation of KSD38 residency needs to be submitted to the school in the summer at a Confirm Residency Document Intake Days.

New Student Grades K-8

  • KSD38 JSS K-8th Grade Enrollment Process Form
  • Online Registration Submission
  • Birth Certificate
  • Student Records from previous schools/services
  • Family Information Form
  • Verification of Residency
  • Confirm Residency
  • Required Medical Forms

Returning Students Grades JK-7/ Rising Students K-8

  • Online Registration Submission (April 12-May 31)
  • Confirm Residency
  • Required Medical Forms

Registration forms an be found on District Forms page.

Confirm Residency Document Intake Days

Friday, July 30, 2021
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.


Wednesday, August 4, 2021
1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Must wear a face mask, follow social distancing guidelines, and use hand sanitizer before entering the school building. Reach out to Mrs. Susan White or 847-853-3804 if you have questions or prefer non-contact submission.

Confirmation of KSD38 residency is required of parents/guardians that are homeowners or renters of new or returning students. One confirmation of residency can apply to each enrolled student of the same family.


  1. Valid Illinois driver’s license or state ID card with current KSD38 address
  2. Two different and most recent bills from below (parent/guardian name and KSD38 address must be on bills):
  • Nicor
  • ComEd
  • Water Bill
  • Homeowners, Renters or Auto Insurance
  • Mortgage Statement
  • Bank Statement
  • Credit Card Statement

Parents/guardians whose residence change during the school year are required to notify the school office of their student’s new address and may need to submit new Verification of Residency requirements.