COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
This page is designed to provide District 38 parents, students, and staff, the latest information regarding the Coronavirus COVID-19 and our school community. Please be aware that we will continue to closely follow situational updates from the CDC, the IDPH and the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), and apply guidance from these organizations as we monitor the situation and plan for preparedness in support of the health and safety of our students and staff.
News posted in order of appearance, most recent first.
May 15, 2020
- Pick Up Date - Thursday, May 28
- 8:30 - 9:30 Families A - C
- 10:00 - 11:00 Families D - H
- 11:30 - 12:00 Families I - L
- 12:30 - 1:30 Families M - O
- 2:00 - 3:00 Families P - Z
- We ask that you please come during your designated time slot. If you are unable to make your designated time slot or are unable to pick up your materials on this day, please try to coordinate with another family. We are unable to provide an alternate pick up date at this time.
- A mask or face covering is required. You can find guidance on the use of masks for the State of Illinois HERE.
- Plan to drive to pick up your belongings. Please do not walk to the building so that traffic and flow can be coordinated.
- We ask that the names and grades of your children be clearly displayed on the passenger side of the windshield. Please also indicate whether you would like the materials placed in your back seat or trunk. You can use THIS TEMPLATE or make your own.
- To manage the flow of traffic we ask that you drive northwest on Essex, west on Warwick, and southeast on Abbotsford to pull up in front of the school (see map below). Please be considerate of not blocking the driveways of homes on this path.
- When you are in front of the school, a volunteer will check the names in your windshield, get the bags of your students, and place them in your back seat or trunk.
- The contents of the students’ bags will include locker and desk contents. Other items may include PE locker contents, yearbooks, class pictures, medications, and items from the lost and found.
- Students in grades JK - 7 will keep their technology and other school materials (library books, textbooks) home over the summer. These items will be collected in the fall.
Families of 8th-grade students ONLYPlease pack up the following items in a plastic bag with your student’s name clearly marked on the bag to return during the materials pick up process. You will be asked to exit the car briefly and put these items in a designated location on the sidewalk. Please do not hand the items directly to a volunteer and we ask that you wear a mask or face covering.
- 8th grade only - iPads and chargers
- 8th grade only - Textbooks
- 8th grade only - Library books
- 8th grade only - athletic uniforms
We look forward to seeing you on Thursday, May 28, for materials pick up. If you have any questions about this process, please contact Susan White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 23, 2020
Attendance Procedure Change
Technology Use UpdateAs we continue our journey together with remote learning, our primary concern remains the health and safety of our community members. With that in mind, we want to help you make sure that student use of our devices is both socially and emotionally safe. To date, there have been few reports of incidents involving inappropriate use of technology. This is a credit to you, our students, and our collective practice of the Four Cornerstones in the Sears community. To continue this success and prevent future occurrences, we want to take this opportunity to review expectations.
April 17, 2020
Illinois Schools Will Remain Closed for Rest of School Year
Remember, there is no Remote Learning on April 10. We will see you back on Monday, April 13, 2020. Don’t forget to keep checking our Remote Learning web page for morning announcements, instructions for logging attendance and weekly lesson plans. Also, please check out the Joseph Sears Giving Back Project if you’re interested in a service learning opportunity for your family.
IDHS Help is Here: Talk to Someone
Helpful Links for Children: