Department of Technology
The Technology Department provides secure, reliable, and innovative technology solutions in alignment with academic and administrative goals while supporting the technology needs within the district to enable and empower our students and staff to achieve the Portrait of a Sears Graduate.
In support of this mission, we will:
- Partner with Joseph Sears School staff and students to understand their technology needs.
- Provide leadership, planning, and professional development for the effective and strategic use of day-to-day and emerging technologies.
- Cultivate a standard method of communication (e.g. Helpdesk) so that every person is heard and issues are addressed collaboratively.
- Actively match the level of support to the individual and their skillset while encouraging professional growth.
- Seek out new and innovative technologies to further enrich the learning environment for students and staff while being fiscally responsible.
- Manage a technology plan that is forward-thinking and supports safety, innovative learning, and creativity.
Our core values drive and guide us as we serve The Joseph Sears School Community. As members of the technology department, we are committed to:
Collaboration: We are dedicated to a constructive, team-oriented environment, gathering varied perspectives, sharing knowledge, and building effective partnerships.
Continuous Improvement: We strive for operational excellence through the ongoing development of staff and the District as a whole.
Innovation: We encourage creative and critical thinking in the development of technology services and solutions.
People: We listen to, respect, and care for staff, students, and each other.
- Transparency: We leverage open communication and thoughtful processes to encourage accountability in our important work.
The IT Technician provides support and expertise for District technology programs and services to enhance their effectiveness for students, staff, and the schoolhouse. The IT Technician supports all aspects of Joseph Sears School technology, including but not limited to Strategy and Planning, Infrastructure, Data, Network Security, and the Helpdesk. They provide assistance to end users to identify and correct equipment and software-related problems and interact with users on a daily basis to be able to see and understand technology problems and provide competent solutions.
* All staff and student technology related requests or issues should be emailed to email@example.com.