Library & Technology
A new library for a new generation
The Library Technology Center (LTC) is the information hub for the Kenilworth School District. We are also the facilitators of all District digital information subscriptions that provide our students and families access to millions of online materials and interactive learning opportunities. These resources can be accessed from both school and home.
The LTC faculty and staff act as a team to develop and expand the program as the needs of our students change. The goals are to prepare our students for the challenges of the 21st century by generating motivation for learning, creative problem solving and independent inquiry, foster critical readers and become helpful, understanding individuals… the skills of a lifetime!
If you would like more detailed information about the library/technology program, please stop by or give us a call. We also offer our services as a resource for all literacies and technological selections.
Hours of Operation
|Monday through Thursday||Friday|
|Before School||7:35 a.m. to 8:10 a.m.||7:35 a.m. to 8:10 a.m.|
|During School||8:10 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.||8:10 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.|
|After School||3:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.||3:15 p.m. to 4 p.m.|
The center is designed to meet the needs of all students and staff. Scheduling of the center is a combination of fixed and flexible class times. Grade K-5 have set weekly library times. The 6-8 grades are scheduled in units throughout the year but have weekly access to the library and labs as needed. Classroom teachers are free to schedule the Panther Lab as needed.
- Sears Cybersites (District Subscription Databases)
- Over 22,000 volumes and 30 magazine subscriptions
- Panther Lab (multimedia/computer lab) - 24 Apple iMac desktops
- 20 LTC iPads
- 30+ Macbook/Air laptops to checkout for our Jr High students
- 1:1 iPads 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 8th Grade
- 1:1 MacBook & Chromebook Pilot 7th Grade
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) 6th, 7th, & 8th Grade
- 400 curriculum based DVD library
- Teacher Workroom - Includes laminators, binding machine, die cut collection, poster printer and Scantron machine.
- MakerSpace: - Include 3D printer, robotics, circuits, design/build and much more!