Exploring passions, developing character
The Joseph Sears School encourages all students to get involved in at least one of the school's many extracurricular offerings. Extracurricular offerings afford students with opportunities to explore their interests and practice creative thinking in a fun, enjoyable setting.
The Joseph Sears School offers different types of extracurricular programming to meet the needs of its students:
Extracurricular Clubs are extracurriculars that require regular commitment from students in order to accomplish a specific purpose.
Extracurricular Programs are extracurriculars that involve preparation for a competition or event that showcases evidence of mastery of specific skills and/or concepts.
Other Opportunities for Involvement
In addition to the extracurricular offerings listed above, The Joseph Sears school offers several other activities and opportunities for student involvement through:
- Participation in the Scripps National Spelling Bee
- Participation in the National Geographic Bee
- Participation in the school band and orchestra programs
- Participation in the Principal's Advisory Council
- Participation in one of the many Sears team sports