The beginning of an incredible journey
The formative years of a child's life are critically important to ensuring that child begins his or her academic journey with the tools he or she needs to succeed. As such, The Joseph Sears School Junior Kindergarten Program provides each student with experiences that contribute to positive social and emotional development, literacy and math concepts as well as fine and gross motor skill development to help children prepare for kindergarten.
By The Numbers
2 certified teachers in each classroom
1 field trip taken throughout the year.
5 on-site support specialists to assist students,
including a licensed school nurse, a school psychologist, a speech/language pathologist, occupational therapist, and a student services teacher.
A maximum of 14 students per class. Morning and afternoon sections offered.
60 minutes of weekly French or Spanish instruction.
Enrichment experiences including: Music, PE, Library and Art.
- The Junior Kindergarten curriculum is both play-based and rooted in academic fundamentals.
- Program tuition is $6,000 with a $500 non-refundable deposit required during registration.
- The Junior Kindergarten Program runs from 8:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. for the morning session, and 12:10 p.m. to 3:10 p.m. for the afternoon session. The program begins on September 6th, 2022, following Labor Day. Students can only register for one session.
- The Junior Kindergarten curriculum includes units in social-emotional learning, literacy, math, science and social studies along with instructional time devoted to specials such as music, library, physical education, French and Spanish.
- Junior Kindergarten includes a deep social-emotional learning component that emphasizes conflict resolution, self expression, listening and sharing.
- Junior Kindergarten is an excellent way to prepare students to enter kindergarten at The Joseph Sears School. Students will begin kindergarten familiar with their environment, classmates and specials teachers.
- Junior Kindergarten literacy and math curriculum is aligned with Illinois State Early Learning Standards.