The place we call home
The Joseph Sears School has operated from its current location on Abbotsford Road since 1912. A second wing was added to the building in 1944 and dedicated to former Building Superintendents Jacob and his son, Russell Baker. Currently, there are renovations and an addition planned for both the Baker Building and the main schoolhouse. The second wing of the Baker Building is currently under renovation and is expected to be completed before the start of the 2022-2023 school year. The addition to the Baker Building will be completed before the start of the 2023-2024 school year.
Student groups (Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts), school-related organizations (The Joseph Sears School Parents’ Volunteer Association, The Joseph Sears School Booster Club, and The Joseph Sears School Foundation), local government agencies (Village of Kenilworth, Kenilworth Park District, Kenilworth Police Department, Winnetka Fire Department) and non-profit organizations are granted the use of school facilities at no charge during regularly staffed hours. Fees and costs shall apply during non- regularly staffed hours and to other individuals/organizations granted use of facilities at any time.